Wednesday 6 October 2010

Recycle often!

You'd think by now we'd have come to terms after years of recycling (kudos to the Germans on this one, they led the way some years ago - a far more people-friendly form of participating in the fate of the planet than instigating two World Wars!) that the planet is effectively screwed anyway . . .
   However, I do my bit like everyone else . . . every other Tuesday evening, the recycling bin gets religiously put out on to the pavement, waiting to be emptied in accordance with the council's policies the following morning. . .
   When this evening I went to bring the (empty?) bins in, one solitary wine bottle had not been collected: the screw-top had inadvertently been left on . . . silly of me, very remiss, I admit: but I surely can't be any more of a fuckwit than the person at the council who decides that such a bottle cannot be collected for recycling . . . it's enough to make me want to pay my council tax late (which I do
anyway)!

No comments:

Post a Comment